Monday, July 12, 2010

Porta Potties, Blisters And The Most Fun You'll Ever Have

You know, when you think of a Girl Guide camp, you think of safe, fun acticities that don't require too much strenuous work. Crafts, docile chats around campfires and making smores.
Um, sorry, no.

If you really think that all that is what Guiding is about, you're missing soooo much.

In the past five days at Guiding Mosaic 2010 in Guelph, Ontario, girls have gone on African Lion Safaries, gone ziplinning at piss-yourself heights, visited Niagara Falls, and so much more! I mean, I haven't gone anywhere yet, but I'm certain I'll have a blast going wherever they send me!


Pretty sure when I got here, I just wanted to go home.
It was a bagillion degrees out, and I was by myself arriving, having to drag my luggage what seemed like miles up the road before I got to my camp (thankfully a nice lady picked me up in a golf cart and drove me up). I got to the tent at the front of the Ranger site and was ridiculously relieved to find one of my friends and proceeded to follow her for the rest of the day, seeing as I had no idea where I was going. I was starving, so when dinner rolled around, I ate like a freaking starving platypus.
The rest of the evening went by relatively uneventfully because scheduals weren't out yet, and I only met other people from the photography team, so I felt a little homesick by the time it was time to go to bed.

I have no idea what was wrong with me.


I've made some really good friends with the most insane, hilarious, fun people I've ever met, and I can't believe I ever wanted to go home. I'm sure there'll be some waterworks either when we say goodbye or after! )':

Dude. We have a girl from England doing our blogs, and she is hilarious. She thinks it's funny that we get her to say "Harry Potter" and other things like tht, but I think it's even funnier to watch every Canadian in the room freak out when she does it. Hopefully we're not annoying our new Britty. ;D

Well, there are just too many things to think of that I could write here, so when I've got things sorted out a little more, I'll post em up.


Keep on rockin'.

~The Mad Khatter

No comments:

Post a Comment